British Poultry Council’s Annual Report: A Manifesto for Great British Food Values is calling on the Government to commit to:
- Prioritising British food in public procurement
- No dilution of health and welfare standards; both in home production and trade.
- Securing EU markets and opening third-country markets for trade
- Introducing fiscal incentives for investments in infrastructure, innovation, and green technology
- Creating flexibility in the use of apprenticeship funding to build skills and jobs for UK workers.
- Building a flexible visa system that allows migrant labour where UK labour simply isn’t available.